Dreaming in Color

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 23: Gifts Old

Old people are great; even the young people who are still older than me. I remember being a kid and having everything taken care of for me. I had a roof over my head, food to eat, a bed to sleep in, family who loves me, etc. the only think I wanted was to be just a few year older and out on my own. Now I am at the point of being on my own and I want to be a kid again!

 Why??!

 I realize now that I had a great life as a kid. No bills, I could do extra chores if I wanted more allowance, but it wasn't required. I didn't have to drive myself places, spend money on gas, groceries, or utilities. The list could go on and on, which brings me to the reason that I am thankful for things old. "Old people" such as my parent who took care of me so I didn't have to; parents who still help me pay my bills, and for school; parents who have more wisdom than I do about life (even when I don't like to admit it). 

See? Things old are great!

 Another person that just turned old is my boyfriend Colton. The big 21! As of yesterday! I'll be following him shortly!

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment