Dreaming in Color

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 7: Gifts of Growth and Decline

I have found that I encounter a lot of periods of growth and decline in regards to my walk with Christ. Some weeks I'll be doing really well; reading God's word 5-6 days of the week. Other times I'll go weeks without opening my Bible (sad to say).

It has been a huge challenge moving up to Salt Lake City and furthering my relationship with Christ. I have struggled to find a church that I can call home and get involved in. I have had a hard time finding strong Christian friends that I can open up to. I haven't been reading my Bible consistently like I have in the past. But you know what? Despite all these things I struggle with, God is still with me. 


"...for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'" - Hebrews 13:5


If I don't have the hard times/decline in my walk with God, I most definitely would not be able to fully appreciate the growth that I have experienced in Him.


-ash


No comments:

Post a Comment