Dreaming in Color

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tissue Paper Decor

This weekend my best friend Tristen is having her bridal shower for her wedding in August. I was asked to make tissue paper balls for the decorations; right up my alley ;) Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make them.

Cut 6 sheets of tissue paper. Square or rectangular. If you're making big balls, you will want to do 8-10 sheets of paper.
Fold the tissue paper like folding a fan.; back and forth, back and forth.

Cut the ends into a point...

...or rounded corner.

Fold the tissue paper in half. Make a crease in the center.

Tie a string in the middle. For these I used sewing thread, but I prefer to use embroidery thread; something a little bit thicker. If you are going to hang these up, leave the end of the string longer. 

Open up the folded layers of tissue paper and separate each sheet individually. 

Finished products! 

Xo,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment