Dreaming in Color

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 4: Gifts of Enthusiasm

I wasn't really sure what to be thankful for in the area of enthusiasm. Yeah, it's great to be enthusiastic, but I just didn't understand what exactly needed to be given thanks. I decided to Google some things and this is what I found:

People who possess the gift of enthusiasm are those that have a strong positive effect on the people around them. They are always optimistic, cheery, and have this infectious energy about them; they always see the good in every situation. Do you know the type??

Without these kind of people in our lives, it would definitely be hard to pick ourselves up after a hard battle, difficult to move forward with life. We desperately need enthusiastic people in our lives to show us God's grace and remind us the simple truths of the Bible. A few people come to my mind when reflecting on this topic. I am very grateful that I have those people in my life.

"Do not judge whether what you are doing is impressive or mediocre, spiritual or mundane. Just do it with enthusiasm. Just give yourself to whatever you do with this full knowledge: 'God is within me. All actions that I perform are an offering to God.' " - Swami Chidvilasananda

No comments:

Post a Comment