Dreaming in Color

Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 3: Persistence/Endurance

What is endurance?

<<<< This is a pretty accurate definition. I am thankful for having the ability to persist and endure in times of trial. I've encountered many trials in my short almost 21 years of life; most of them occurring the past year or two. 

When I'm in the heat of a trial, the last thing I want to think about is enduring and pushing on with persistence. I usually just want to give up all hope and quit. But then I think, "How is that going to change anything? I'll still be stuck where I'm at; upset and unsatisfied."

Many times, Colton will tell me that God has a specific plan for me and that I just have to trust in God. Yeah, yeah. I know that already. Honestly, it sort of feels like he is just giving me an easy answer without putting any effort into understanding how I feel. I'm completely wrong.
Basically, this picture says it all...>>>>>>>>>>

God does have a plan for me. And although, that isn't necessarily what I want to hear in that moment, I know that it is the truth and I'm thankful that Colton reminds me of that consistently. By experiencing these trials and enduring them, I know that whatever happens is the best possible outcome and it will definitely be worth going through all the hard stuff.

"By your endurance you will gain your lives." - Luke 21:19

Check out Colton's Day 3 HERE






No comments:

Post a Comment