Dreaming in Color

Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 2: Gifts Read (authors, books, etc.)

Lately I have been making more of an effort to read books as opposed to watching Netflix all the time. The main reason for this is because of the book "Sex is not the problem (lust is)" by Joshua Harris (which I am very thankful for. ha ha.).

One of the chapters focused specifically on what types of things we are allowing into our hearts and minds via television, movies, magazines, books, Internet, etc. This chapter brought to my attention that although what i'm watching isn't terrible, it isn't necessarily glorifying God either. I can also apply this to the books that I choose to read. Because of this I have actually put down a couple books that I decided were not worth my time reading because of content. 

I am trying to use the website www.pluggedin.com to read Christian reviews on what I am allowing into my heart, media wise. It really brings a lot of things to my attention that I would normally just brush over.

With that, I am very thankful for the entertainment that we have today (specifically books), and I am also thankful that there are strong Christians who make it a point to review movies and books so that people like myself can determine whether or not it is a God glorifying indulgence.

Check it out >>>> I LOVE COLTON GROVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment