Dreaming in Color

Sunday, February 17, 2013

New year; New me


I’m trying to decide what I want this blog to be. Do I want it to be about my passion with fitness, my everyday life, my walk with God, or a combination of all three? How vulnerable do I want to be? Am I willing to be completely open and honest with people and take the chance that they might view me differently after I post this? These are all things that I have been thinking and contemplating recently. I haven’t entirely made up my mind yet, but as of now I think it will be a mix of everything. So, with that being said, I am on the journey of being healthy/getting in shape (aren't we all?) and deepening my relationship with God. In between all of that is balancing school, fun, and having a boyfriend. It’s a lot to balance out and has definitely been a struggle already this year. Hopefully this next year will strengthen me and help me grow more and more into the woman that God wants me to be. With that, I am going to start off with sharing my new year’s resolutions (I know, I know, it’s the middle of February and I should have done this weeks ago). If anybody reads this, please hold me accountable ;)

new year's resolution

·         Don’t “nit-pick” my relationship
·         Read my Bible actively.
·         Get more involved in church and college group.
·         Make Christian girlfriends.
·         Try my best to stay in a positive mood.
·         Run at least 1 10k this year.
·         Find a workout partner.
·         Less than 4 cheat meals in a month.
·         Get in the best shape I’ve ever been in.


I feel a little vulnerable posting these for anybody to see, but I do want to strive to be more open with people and not care what others think. I hope blogging will be a good start to opening up.

No comments:

Post a Comment