Dreaming in Color

Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 30: Gifts in Today's Work

This summer I was not able to find a job (besides donating plasma). It was both good thing and bad. I had to watch my spending more closely, and jump on money-making opportunities, but I also had lots of free time to do things I enjoy. It's really hard not knowing how I am going to pay for things. My parents help me out and I have savings, but I didn't want to have to use my savings or ask my parents for more. Some days it was really hard and others it was easy. I had to trust God that he would provide for the things that I needed and show me that I can do without some items. As nice as it would have been to have extra money that a summer job would have provided, I am really glad that I didn't work and was able to have the relaxing break that I wanted. It's really reassuring after this jobless summer to know that I will be going back to my previous nanny job forthe  school year. God is good!

This is the last day of the 30 Day Thankful Challenge. It was a "challenge" to be thankful and happy for some of the things, and even though I didn't blog daily, I am really glad that Colton and I decided to do this. It makes me ore aware of the many ways that God blesses me, even when it may not feel like it in the moment. I pray that whoever read/reads this is inspired and a little bit more thankful. 

Xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment